20 April 2011

Playing with Wool

Outlaw's Playday 1 from Judy's Novelty Wools Centerville , UT
Today I spent a lot of time playing with the drop spindle---

I got a new Spin-Off a couple weeks ago and that always leads to a couple days of trying out new things. Two years ago at the fiber fair I got two 4 ounce rovings and I am still playing with them. I spun the first spindle straight off the roving, then I Navajo plied it as I wound it onto the spindle . Doing it this way keeps the colors pretty clear, it will form stripes. The second one I am separating into different colors and making them into rolag things then spinning off the fold followed by Navajo plying. The colors are blending together more. I don't know how it is going to turn out yet but so far the skeins look different. Since they are all in the same colorway all the skeins should go together regardless, when I decide what to do with them. It will really be interesting to see in a couple of days how they compare (I will post pix).

The Snake River Fiber Fair is in a few weeks and that is going to be fun. I think I am going to look at some solid colors this year and try some other color blending techniques, instead of getting the hand painted rovings. Maybe something in silk would be good to combine too. I don't know---but I will post pix.

Make it a good one---

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment